**Note: The first time I posted this, I somehow made it a new page. It must be part of the learning curve from the move to wp.org from blogger.com. The content of the post and comments have not been changed, but they have all been copied into a new blog post.**
Joy from My Home in the Smokies tagged me in a fun little blog post called 11 things. It has taken me several days to get it done, but better late than never, right? If you’re tagged, I really hope you’ll play along, but if you aren’t feel free to play along and let me know so I can read and comment!
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
Here is a pic of me with my sweet Pouty girl. The great thing about this picture, aside from Pouty being so adorable, is that we were actually sitting in Joy’s living room in the Smokies!
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I love God and my family in ways that I can never express through words alone.
- I sleep in my contacts. I know, shame on me, but I got a new brand that should be more forgiving of that.
- I love chocolate milk, but rarely drink it for a variety of reasons.
- I used to drink a 12pack of diet dr pepper in less than 3 days.
- I cut out all caffeine a while back. I do still drink half caff coffee and an occasional glass of tea if I’m out.
- I wonder what I will watch in the evenings after I see all of the episodes of the Andy Griffith show on netflix.
- I have 4 kids ages 10, 5, 3 (will be four in a couple of weeks!), 2.
- I’m going to a blogging/homeschooling conference next week. I am like *SO* excited!!
- I wore make up yesterday for the first time in as long as I can remember. Spike’s comment was, “Well, you sure don’t look any younger.” Yes, I did still feed her today! LOL
- I love meatloaf, but for some reason rarely make it. Leftover meatloaf on white bread with mayo is so very good!
- I am guilty of overindulging my children.
Answers to Joy’s Questions:
1. What is your favorite thing about where you live? My favorite thing is the quality of services we have finally gotten in place for D. There is still a lot to be desired, but the doctor and therapist are exactly what I have prayed for.
2. If you could choose a country to go to, what would it be? It would be a toss up between Spain and Australia. Having taken 8 years of Spanish through high school and college, I have loved the Spanish culture most of my life. However, Australia is such an amazing place. The beaches, the Syndey Opera House, the accents…
3. What is your favorite color and why? I don’t really have one, it seems to change with my mood and the seasons. If I were forced to change, I’d say it is green. The different shades of green can represent so many different emotions and seasons of life.
4. What character in a book do you feel you are most like and why? Honestly, I don’t know. I used to hate reading and suddenly since Christmas I’ve become an avid reader. I haven’t read enough to really relate to any one character, but I hope I find one that I can relate to soon.
5. What is your favorite type of music that you listen to? I usually listen to contemporary Christian music, but when I’m reading my Bible or having quiet time, I like to listen to sounds of nature. I have also been caught listening to the kids’ music while they’re not with me.
6. If you could you live in any time period, which would it be? I don’t know that living in any other time period would change anything. I’m right where I’m supposed to be, doing what I believe God wants me to be doing.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My tongue…it is my biggest sin in nearly every way. After that, definitely the way I use food. Instead of for nourishment, I use it for comfort, stress relief, boredom relief, etc.
8. Of the 4 seasons, which is your favorite? Spring, without a doubt, Spring. To me, Spring represents the new birth that we all have in Christ because He died on the cross and ascended to Heaven to pay the price for our sins. The new leaves, bees buzzing, baby birds chirping, flowers peaking out of the ground…it all represents what we have in Christ.
9. What is your favorite book of the bible and why? Oh wow, I don’t know. There are so many to choose from. I love the Book of Psalms because of the praise and worship that comes from it. I can almost see David writing and singing them as he played his harp.
10. Since I tagged all homeschool moms, what is your least favorite subject to teach and most favorite subject to teach? Least favorite would have to be grammar/writing mechanics. I want to just say, “because that’s how it is done.” Sadly, that’s not enough of an answer for my 10yo. HA! My favorite to teach would have to be reading. I love to see their faces light up as they begin to understand how the letters come together to form words that come together to form the stories they love to hear and then read.
11. What are you scared of the most? Honestly? I’m scared that my sharp tongue and my lack of being a perfect role model will prevent me from raising my kids to have the relationship with Christ that I pray they will have. I try, but I fall short of being the mother God wants me to be regularly.
Some people I am choosing to tag in hopes they’ll play along.
Katy – @MamaPoodle from Introspection on Life because she’s my cousin
Jennifer – @JenniferAJanes from JenniferAJanes because she’s Heaven sent
Jamie – @Va_Grown from Walkin’ in High Cotton because she is one of my roomies for the 2to1 conference
Lisa – @CreativeLEI from Looking at Life CreativeLEI because she is my other roomie for the 2to1 Conference
Kela – @Kela_Nellums from Pursuing What is Excellent because she is my travel buddy for the trip home
11 Questions for These Wonderful Ladies
1. What is your favorite song and why?
2. What Biblical person do you feel you relate to and why?
3. How many places have you lived and where was your favorite?
4. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
5. Favorite childhood memory?
6. Where/what is your ‘happy place’?
7. What is the most annoying toy you have ever purchased for your child/ren?
8. What is your favorite genre of books to read?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. What do you hope to achieve by writing a blog?
11. Introverted, extroverted, or somewhere in between?